Online Christmas shopping has taken off in a big way in the past decade. With the global online market at our finger tips, It’s very easy for us to forget about the gifts and crafts created locally. As the internet takes over the world, with glossy websites, next day delivery and an infinite gift options, we can often overlook local artists, creatives and vendors within an arms reach of our towns. There are many local companies in north Wales and Wales a as whole producing some beautiful welsh Christmas gifts, that have way more Calon (heart) than their Chinese equivalents! So I have put together a Welsh gift selection, that you can purchase online, and at the same time support local creators, it should cover a few bases for you. There is a balance of gifts from north Wales, and a couple of techy gifts added for our wider community! Enjoy.
- Landscape photography is a style of its now. Simon Kitchin who is an award-winning landscape photographer is also an author of Photographing North Wales, has a fab book out. He has described in this book, more than 100 locations and hundreds of viewpoints for the readers to go and shoot from. In each location chapter, it starts with an overview of geological, natural history, literary, and described history. (click the image to learn more).
- Ash Dykes, at the age of 23, he has became the first ever person to solo, and walk across Mongolia. It took 78 of days to cross the Altai Mountains, the Mongolian Steppe, and the Gobi Desert. In this motivational book, Ash Dykes reveals the training, planning, sheer determination, and spirit that made him successful in the record-breaking achievement. This is really an inspirational tale. (click the image to learn more).
- The Welsh brewing is an expanding hotbed of imagination and responsible for making beers that is able to hold own against anything that the rest of the United Kingdom has to offer. This case comes with 12 bottles of Welsh Microbrewed Beers. This is the fantastic selection of rich beers and having the true taste of Wales. (click the image to learn more).
- The Mavic pro-DJI has a compact size but powerful drone that will turn the sky in a watercolor of creativity without worry and easily. It is designed with a small size hides a high level of complexity which considers it one of DJI’s most sophisticated flying cameras. 24 high-performance cores computing, a brand new system of transmission with 7 kilo meters of range, 4 k camera and 5 vision sensors stabilized by a mechanical 3-axis gimbal which will remain at your command with just one touch. (click the image to learn more).
- The Syma x5c Explorers is one of the best selling products on Amazon. And the reason is very simple, an excellent quality/price because with this drone you can get photos and videos in a simple and high quality, as well as an easy and intuitive piloting. This drone offers with solvency a positive response to the expectations that we can make of a drone of this category and price even exceeding them. (click the image to learn more).
- The EOS 1300D comes with the same CMOS sensor of APS-C size as its predecessor. The most important changes with respect to the previous model are focused on connectivity since it comes with Wi-Fi and can connect to the phone through NFC. The processor, a Digic 4+, is the other novelty of this model that makes improve the number of shots in a burst, that although it remains in a modest 3 fps improves from 69 JPEG to 1110, in RAW it remains the same, in 6 RAW. (click the image to learn more).
- W. Brewin & co, Hiking and outdoor socks These socks come in 3 pack which are designed to be worn with Boots. These are ideal for hiking, gardening, and walking. The pack, has one pair Grey, one pair with Black, and one pair with Blue mix socks. It is made with 44% of Wool, 42% of Acrylic, 9% of Cotton, and 5% of Polyester. They are machine washable. A good choice if you are looking for warm and durable socks for the welsh winter! (click the image to learn more).
- On the winding slopes of the Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales, Penderyn whiskey is based. On these steep slopes, this unique malt whiskey made with malted barley is born. It gives a delicious fruity touch and full depth and complexity of flavors. It has a beautiful golden color and its aromas of black fruit and caramel mixed with green apples and hazelnuts make it a unique whiskey. Balance, persistence, kindness, and elegance are qualities that define a rare whiskey and appreciated throughout the world by the most demanding fans. (click the image to learn more).
- The Snowdonia Cheese Company is well-known for its delicious cheddar cheeses. If you’re planning to gift a cheese box this Christmas, this could be arguably the best one to choose. It comes in rather nice gift box and is full of their different flavours. So if in doubt this Christmas give the give of local Snowdonia cheers (click the image to learn more).
- This is the most brilliant and beautiful gift set for your dog. This set includes a bottle of Pawsecco which is healthy food for your dog. You will also find Pooch & Mutt including a Tube of their mini-bone healthy dog treats. Billy+Margot Popcorn, which is 100% Air Popped popcorn with seaweed seasoning. This gift set is completely Non-carbonated, Non-Alcoholic, and Grape-Free. This whole set is designed with the advice of Veterinary Expert. (click the image to learn more).
- This dragon designed cufflinks are small decorative accessories which are available in Silver or Gold plated design. (click the image to learn more).
- Recycled blankets, soft furnishings and super comfy rugs are all made by Tweedmill Textiles based in Flit in north Wales. This recycled rug is made out of 50% of Recycled Wool and 50% of other fibers. Approximate size of this wool rug is 120 x 150 cm. This is the great product for alfresco picnicking or Indoor use. (click the image to learn more).
13. Barti Ddu Rum – Seaweed spiced Rum
- 70cl bottle of Barti Ddu Seaweed Spiced Rum
- A blend of Caribbean rums which gives a smooth yet spicy palate
- Seasoned with laver seaweed from Pembrokeshire.
- Perfect to drink long with ginger ale and a slice of lime or neat over ice.
- 35% ABV. (click the image to learn more).
14. Welsh Love spoon – By Carwyn Love spoons
- Hand Carved Welsh Love Spoon. Two Hearts hand carved and joined together as a token of Lasting Love.
- FREE ENGRAVING: Suitable for Engraving a name on each heart and a date on the bowl. Click ‘Customize Now’ to order. If you do not require engraving, simply follow the same process and insert ‘NO ENGRAVING’ in the 1st text box.
- 25cm / 9.75″, Carved in Lime Wood from Monmouthshire, Colour may vary slightly
- An accompanying card with an explanation of the Lovespoon tradition is enclosed with each order.
- Suitable for All Occasions: Weddings, Anniversary, Engagement, Valentine’s, Gift from Wales etc. (click the image to learn more).
15. Welsh slate coasters and place matts – By Pendragon
- Decorative pieces
- 6 piece boxed set of felt backed Welsh Slate coaster
Welsh Slate Castles of Wales 6pc Coaster Set (click the image to learn more).
16. Janet Bell of Beaumaris – Janet has a wonderful colourful gallery here in north Wales, situated in Beaumaris. Her work is delightful and encompasses many of our lands hotspots which she puts her own fabulous colourful vibrant spin on.. (click the image to learn more).
17. Aberfalls coffee and Chocolate Liqueur. Here is one for the winter warmer menu infant of a open fire..(click the image to learn more)
18. Bodnant food hampers- An award winning brand that creates the most stunning hampers filled with delicious ingredients. Hop over to their store and see their range..
19. Junkbox Adventure Apparel
North Wales based adventure brand Junkbox has some really crisp and cool items. Founded and ran by Carrie who has opened up the shop ‘2nd Floor’ in Chester where she is selling her cool street style clothing and products alongside a few other independent Welsh brands. Check her website here.
20. Old Faithful Beard Oils
Perfect for the hairy man in your life! No seriously beared products are coming back in a big way, the vintage biker look sported by Misseour Beckham has taken a life of its own ..
They have a range of beard and shaving oils, moisturisers and balms are the perfect gifts for your face fuzz sporting friends. Their products can be purchased via their website.
21. Malbi welsh textiles company
MABLI is an amazing natural textiles company by designer Lisa Roberts.
We love her woolen garments in marino and alpaca for children that seems to hold a very organic and natural feel to them. They do all sorts of beautiful garments head over to their online store.
22. Jwrnal in print
Over the last year Sarah has built a brilliant community of Welsh creators with Jwrnal.
A month or two back she published their first print edition, so if you’re looking for a great read for the coffee table this Christmas, you can order a copy via their website here.
23. Great Welsh Experiences. Gaia adventures is run by friend and local climber Sam Farnsworth. Sam is a bit of a legend in this these parts, setting up the UKs first Cliff Camping hotel, where clients come to stay the night perched on the edge of a sea cliff for an afternoon or the whole night. Sam an avid climber runs courses at his “cliff hotel” throughout the year and has gift vouchers available this Christmas.. For those with a head for heights and adrenalin, its a prefect fit! See his website here
24. Gift Experiences — Zip world. The Zip world family has been very busy in the past couple of years with further additions to their brand in the form of the very cool ” Forest Centre in betws y coed. They now have a stunning array of activities of all to take part in and offer gift vouchers on their site.. A great Xmas gift!
25. Gwynedd confectionaries
Gwynedd Confectioners is the largest independent chocolate manufacturer in Wales and is one of the UK’s leading designers of chocolate products.
With an unique ability to design and manufacture innovative chocolate products, the company prides itself on providing its clients with ‘Perfection in Confection’ no matter what circumstance. check out their range of chocolates here!
26. A life sew simple
Kim is the face and designer behind A Life Sew Simple. For over the last 5 years I have worked full time designing and sewing home decorations and gifts.I spend my days working from home on the beautiful island of Anglesey in North Wales.One of my original and most popular designs has been my Isle of Anglesey cushion, which has proved popular both locally and across the world, travelling as far as Dubai and Australia. See here.
27. Aberfalls gin gift collections – A stunning little gin collection for all those G&T fans..
The spirit of north wales collection a elegant premium gift pack for our gin.
- Aber Falls Gin Collection containing 5 x 70cl of Aber Falls Gins & Liqueurs
- Aber Falls Violet Gin Liqueur: A gin to make you relive you favourite childhood memories. Aber Falls Violet Gin Liqueur is a smooth and refined fragrance with a light, delicate tastes, sweet violet notes and a perfumed finish.
- Aber Falls Salted Toffee Gin Liqueur: A collaboration between Aber Falls and Halen Mon. Halen Mon are a sustainable producer of Anglesey Sea Salt. Coming together to produce a rich and smooth salted toffee flavour Liqueur. The palate is smooth and velvety with hints of burnt sugar, leading into a perfect balance of salt and toffee flavours on the palate.
- Aber Falls Marmalade Gin: A refined balance between sweet and bitter orange flavours throughout. A strong flavour of juniper followed by a citrus hit and warming aftertaste.
28. Anglesey towns and villages book. What better way to get in the spirit of your next visit to north Wales, than with some Christmas time reads.. (click the image to learn more).
29. Miss Marple makes — Amazing Christmas decorations
My Porcelain creations are colourful,uniquely quirky and there’s usually a fox about somewhere! See here
30. Gifted Turtles UK– Welsh print poster with names on with Welsh flag. Personalised- word art gifts welsh flag, see here.
Our lovely little business started out in the corner of our lounge with an old PC and a photo printer in January 2016. We started out selling our word art prints, which were already being sold by hundreds of other people. We thought we could create better designs than the ones available, so we set to work in creating our first handful of listings. Sales were slow in the beginning, and we were only selling one or two items per day. We kept at it however, and slowly started to build momentum.
31. Sofia Illustration- Anglesey illustrated map. We saw Sofias work and fell instantly in love with it.. Go look at her work here..
32. I’m Welsh What’s Your Superpower 10oz Mug Cup. What can I say about this!? (click the image to learn more).
33. Under Armour Men’s Welsh Rugby Supporters Home Jersey. For passionate rugby fans alike! (click the image to learn more).
34. Conwy Brewery has been doing amazing things of late in the beer world.. They have a 12 bottle gift selection available on Dark ales and Real ales for Xmas online
35, Anglesey then and now book, a great read to reminisce through Anglesey by gone past to its modern day present.
36. Halen Mon, how could I forget these guys?! They are dominating the global salt market and exporting to over 30+ countries last time I checked.. Incredible success and and a very nice products which they have expanded into all sorts of niches! We love it! Here is just one of the gift sets available from their range..
Thanks for following our blog we appreciate every single one of you! Feel free to leave us a comment, give us a thumbs up and share with your friends and family. If you have a blog topic you would like us to cover drop a mention in the comments below.
We have a lot of exciting new content coming through in the next few weeks so make sure you pop back.
Ps– If you haven’t already seen our Facebook, twitter, and Instagram come and say hi! We are very active on there.. Also subscribe to our newsletter here for upto date insights of what we get upto (plus : Get a free Top 100 things to do guide here in north Wales!). See you soon, Nick.
Front cover image by : A life sew simple
Bit about the blogger : My names Nick Fraser and I’m a local Marine Geologist and Oceanographer. I have moved back to the island of Anglesey for the past four years having grown up here and moved away. I am a passionate outdoor lover with a penchant for all things natural. When I’m not blogging in ofter found climbing or out in the wild in and around north Wales.