We have compiled a varied list of things to do for half term with the family here in north Wales this October. With the weather unsettled of late this autumn and with winter banging on the door we have added some winter warmers indoors for your comfort! Although its not quite time for mulled wine and log fires just yet so we have also packed a few outdoors ideas into this little blog to keep you out in nature for a little while longer. What ever your interests there are things to do here in North Wales. Yes it can be a little cloudy and windy over the autumn, but if you love the outdoors like we do you’ll be out playing in it no matter what! For super up to date on various dates of whats going on in the area visit the two leading social media account here on the Island Anglesey social media and We are Anglesey.
1) Take a walk to Llandwyn Island with wellies, collect shells at low water, fly a kite and then go have a picnic in the forest with the family. Tip : If its a bit fresh for a picnic which It can be this time of year! Head to Llys Llewelyn tea rooms in Aberfraw for a warm up bite and hot drink.
2) Why not visit Sea zoo with the family and see the what lies beneath our Islands beautiful waters here in Anglesey.. Tip right next door is Halen Mon the super famous welsh sea salt company go check them out they have a lovely shop and also do tours..
5) Go see the autumnal colours in Betws Y Coed, visit the incredibly quirky and beautiful Alpine cafe then play football on the green. Pack your wellies and wollens!. Tip :Walk to the waterfalls and sit there and take it all in, its spectacular there this time of year.. we love to picnic on the waters edge of the river there. You can also follow the fantastic board walk they have made all the way up the river. Double Tip : Park right at the top of the village for free parking 😉
6)Go have a surf lesson at Gecko Rhosneigr, Funsport or at Surf Snowdonia then hit their cafe for a bite and a warm up. Tip : Mojos creperie is a delight for children if visiting Rhosneigr for a surf with gecko or Funsport.
7)Head over climbing to the Beacon climbing centre or the Indie climbing wall and do some bouldering or route climbing. Tip : If visiting the Indie climbing wall- drive down to Brynsiencyn and have a walk along the shores of the Menai straits, then after drive to aberfraw to The Marram Grass for a bite and coffee
8)Visit a new beach that you haven’t seen before and pack a bucket and net and go rock pooling. We recommend Rhoscolyn beach, Church in the sea (St Cwyfans church), Porth Dafarch and Penrhos bay. Tip : Rhoscolyn is one of our favourites, take a walk to the left of the beach and find a secret cove. After go to the White eagle for a coffee.
10) Visit Zip worlds latest edition to their amazing array of adventure activities here in North Wales new Fforest roller coaster in the Conwy valley and get some outdoor adrenalin action. After you could go to Llanrwst and have a look around the quaint little Welsh village.
11) Go visit Greenwood Forest park and let the kids run wild!
13) Go take part with the kids in the Beaumaris treasure trail afterwards take a walk along the promenade in Beaumaris and go walk along the pier, then head to Janet bell art gallery to fill your life with a little colour before heading to the redboat ice-cream parlour for refreshments. Want an eve bite with the family? we recommend the Frekled Angel.
14) Head up Snowdon the easy way on the snowdonia mountain railway and see the beautiful Snowdonia mountain landscape on a clear day. There is a fantastic cafe newly built the past years that will welcome you from the railway. When your down go and explore the lovely village of Llanberis. Browse the amazing climbing shops Joe brown and V12 outdoor there and maybe have a bit at the famous Petes eats cafe Tip : Pack a very warm clothes, hat gloves and a camera!
15) Fancy heading underground? Then head to Go below in Snowdonia for an underground adventure. Tip: Pack a change of clothes and some towels for the journey home..oh and take nothing with you thats not waterproof!. Why not head to Llanrwst to Cafe Contessa for a coffee or tea.
17) How about a day chocolate art ? There is a little unsung hero called Steve who has been quietly making super progress with his amazing culinary skills. He runs fab courses Head over to Hewitts Cafe, formerly Chocoart in Colwyn Bay and have a day making amazing chocolates, then scoff them all down. Bliss. Why not mix it up and go na visit the Welsh mountain zoo on the same day?
If Looking for somewhere to eat, see our previous blogs on Top restaurants on Anglesey and if your looking for accommodation then head over to Menai holiday cottages who are pretty fab at finding you a comfy abode for your stay.
Have a great half term and after #Ophelia and #Brian lets hope there is not much wind to come. Have a spooky Halloween from us all here at WONW 🙂